Your commercial property deserves a roof that can effectively protect it from the harsh Texas weather. For this reason, it pays to learn more about your available options. Two of the most popular roofing systems today are EPDM and TPO. Cantrell Roofing, your trusted flat roofing expert, explains the benefits of these exceptional options.
EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer)
This single-ply roofing choice uses a type of synthetic rubber consisting of recycled materials, such as old tires and boots. For improved strength and density, EPDM roofing may also include slate and sawdust. Here’s what to expect from this roof type:
- It is a tried and proven option, having been around for about 60 years.
- Because it uses synthetic rubber material, EPDM roofs are flexible, and able to withstand the toughest weather.
- It doesn’t require as much special equipment or manpower, making it easy and fast to install.
- EPDM roofs can last up to 25 years or longer, as long as they’re properly installed or maintained by a premier roofing contractor like Cantrell Roofing.
- EPDM roofs are overall useful for garages, storehouses and office buildings.
TPO (thermoplastic polyolefin)
This particular roof type consists of polymerized polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber. Because TPO roofing is reinforced with fiberglass and talc, it may be as durable as asphalt and architectural asphalt shingles. Here’s how you’ll benefit from TPO roofing:
- It offers exceptional protection against UV damage and other extreme weather conditions.
Thanks to its reflective properties, you can keep your commercial property cooler and more comfortable, without too much reliance on air conditioning.
TPO roofing is available in a wide selection of colors to better match with your property’s exterior.
It can be as strong as GAF roofs, with a lifespan of about 20 years.
TPO roofing is installed with fastening plates which ensure the material stays firmly in place.
When in need of high-quality commercial roof options, turn to Cantrell Roofing. Our EPDM and TPO roofing systems ensure reliable and worry-free performance, and we’ll help you get the most out of their service life with our comprehensive roof repair and maintenance plans. We serve the areas in and around Canton, TX. Call us today at (903) 848-9494 or fill out this contact form to schedule your free estimate.