When it comes to residential roofing, roofers will tell you that you have a wide range of options when it comes to material choices. You can choose between asphalt shingles, concrete tile, wood or even slate if you’re looking for something that’s stronger than usual. However, while these are all good roofing materials, there is one that you should never forget to consider as it has numerous advantages: aluminum roofing.
Here are the five advantages of aluminum roofing.
1. Easy to Install – While they may not look like it, aluminum roofs are actually fairly easy to install as roofing pros will only need to cut the sheets size and fasten them to the roof trusses. Apart from that, they’re also incredibly lightweight, making transportation much easier. This reduces the amount of time needed to install a new roof, ultimately allowing you to cut back on your labor costs.
2. Corrosion Resistant – Whenever homeowners hear the term “metal roofing”, some are immediately concerned that their roofs might corrode when exposed to the elements. However, this isn’t a problem for aluminum roofs as they are manufactured to be corrosion resistant.
3. Environmentally Friendly – On the other hand, if you’re looking to make your home more environmentally friendly than ever, then aluminum roofing is the best option for you. This is because the aluminum sheets used in roofing usually consist of 90% recycled material. And if that isn’t enough, you can return them for recycling as well once it reaches the end of its lifespan.
4. Strong – According to experts, aluminum roofs are said to have the highest strength to weight ratio of any metal roofing material and while it’s not completely invulnerable, this allows aluminum roofs to take a beating better compared to any other roofing material.
5. Energy Efficient – Aluminum roofs can reflect the sun’s heat instead of absorbing it, especially if it’s painted in a lighter color. This can help homeowners reduce their reliance on their cooling systems and save a significant amount in the process.
Planning to install an aluminum roof in your home? Don’t hesitate to turn to Cantrell Roofing LLC, the number one professionals to approach when it comes to roof maintenance and metal roof installation services. Give us a call at (903) 287-6240 or fill out our contact form to request a FREE consultation.